Our Tools

"We become what we behold. We shape our tools and thereafter our tools shape us." - Marshall McLuhan

Wednesday, April 25, 2012



For my project I choose to use animation. The topic of my project is Justice. Everyone deserves justice so I thought animated images with the Black and White flashing background which represents justice. Images from Trayvon Martin marches represents and shows the affection people have towards getting justice. I change the levels in the opacity to change the color tone for the figure that looks like the liberty scale. In first image I played around and thought I messed up to get object to move.


Gascard, Lorettann Devlin
“Motion Painting: 'Abstract' Animation as an Art Form”
Leonardo , Vol. 16, No. 4 (Autumn, 1983), pp. 293-297

Kriesberg, Irving
“Animation as a Form of Expression: An Artist's Reflections on a Personal Mode of Film Making”
Leonardo , Vol. 7, No. 2 (Spring, 1974), pp. 105-110

Vanarsky, Jack
“Animated Sculptures: Figuration and Movement”
Leonardo , Vol. 15, No. 4 (Autumn, 1982), pp. 306-309

No comments:

Post a Comment