Our Tools

"We become what we behold. We shape our tools and thereafter our tools shape us." - Marshall McLuhan

Sunday, January 15, 2012

technology/homework 1

Technology can encompass just about everything in our worlds and it is all around us.  We use it to get information, keep in contact with others, even wake up in the morning through an alarm clock or run better with the help of new technologically built shoes or even keep our teeth clean through toothbrushes.  Modern man would cease to exist without even the most basic of technologies.  My own life is governed by cell phones to keep in contact with others, computers to help me communicate my thoughts or get information, microwaves to cook food, cars to get me from place to place, mp3 music players to please my ears, and varies other technologies Some are not even under my control but still effect me, such as traffic lights, electronic medical records, medical devices, or electricityTechnology effects all of us, everyday of our lives, and we rely on it so much that we probably could not live without it now.

2 comments:

  1. Whats your real name Sienna or name on file.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My name is Debbie McMillen-Heritz. This is the hyperlink. The name was probably why you could not find this one.

      Delete