Our Tools

"We become what we behold. We shape our tools and thereafter our tools shape us." - Marshall McLuhan

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Repurpose/Reuse




Photobucket
Recycle


Photobucket
Reuse tree as Mulch

Photobucket
Reuse Bucket


  Photobucket
Reuse Jar for nails


The starting point of my project was the idea of “repurpose”.  From that point I branched off to many different points, before deciding on the idea of recycle/reuse.  I had already decided on the medium of stereoscopic gifs, so from all the ideas I came up with, I needed to find one that I could make into 3D gifs.  The process of making the Gifs was a little harder than I anticipated.  One of the hardest parts was keeping my camera level and in the same spot to line the object up in.  Even with a tripod, I had to take numerous photos of each object and trash the majority of them.  Once there were enough photos, I had to take them into photoshop and line up the focal object and do a lot of cropping and maneuvering to get it to look somewhat right.  The hardest part of the project was to keep the background relatively unchanged.  The day I was taking the photos was very windy, so I had to be patient till there was a lull.


1.      “Animated 3D Stereo Photography”  2012

2.      “Wiggle 3D: How to Make Animated 3D Images”  Updated 8/17/2009 By David Fitsimmons

3.      “Wiggle Stereoscopic GIF in Photoshop Tutorial” By UltimateDevice on 8/22/2011


No comments:

Post a Comment