Our Tools

"We become what we behold. We shape our tools and thereafter our tools shape us." - Marshall McLuhan

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Effects Project


Video Manipulation from Kyle Peterson on Vimeo.


Spending time going through the filters wasn't too difficult, but every time I applied a new filter, I wanted to go back to my previous ones and change some of the settings. Starting with a clear, untouched video, and manipulating it into an abstract, moving artwork was my goal. When I couldn't get enough variety, I played with keyframes to change the excitement of the effect and try to add interest.

I used a lot of noise and stacking coloring effects to accomplish my goal. Each filter that was used has almost maximum settings on multiple parameters. There are a few I scaled back so you could still see the moving image, and not just complete noise. I tried picking filters that were similar to each other to apply to each clip, and then make those filters interact with each other in a whole new way. My goal for this project was to broaden my exploration and create images that have their own characteristics, separate from its original form.

No comments:

Post a Comment