Our Tools

"We become what we behold. We shape our tools and thereafter our tools shape us." - Marshall McLuhan

Thursday, February 23, 2012

~~FILTERING~~


Untitled from Sarah Rucker on Vimeo.



The subject of this video is my two year old son lying on the couch watching cartoons. The goal of this project for me was to layer and use as many of the filters as I could to mostly make the image unrecognizable. Sporadically I inserted a clip that was not filtered as much to remind the viewer on what image was being transformed.
To transform the video I began with using Wave Warp. By changing the wave type, height, width and speed you can make the image completely distorted. With the use of Paint Bucket, the video image is transformed into a bright wildly moving image. Within Wave Warp just by changing the wave type options will drastically change the look. I also used Lens Distortion and Eight Point Garbage Matte. By layering these frames creates depth to the video. I tried to utilize as many techniques as possible. Some of them that I used throughout the video Blur, Bevel, Strobe, Mosaic, Twirl, Cell Pattern, Bend, Mirror amongst others. Through this exercise I was able to explore the different ways to transform a video. (Oh and sorry about the annoying music.)



FILTERING~~~~ from Sarah Rucker on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment