Our Tools

"We become what we behold. We shape our tools and thereafter our tools shape us." - Marshall McLuhan

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Processing the Image


Untitled from mitcheal davis on Vimeo.


This week’s assignment “Processing the Image” was an interesting experience in that I was able to learn a lot of new editing techniques along with creating my own media.  I found that quite a few of the effects that I applied to this project enhanced the way the images are processed by one’s mind but the overall result of what the image really is to me stayed the same.  I guess it’s because I was the creator of the media. 
In this project I used quite a few different effects to attempt to change the images such as basic 3D in which I used the swivel to rotate the images, chroma key which I did quite a bit changed the colors, threshold and solarize gave some very abstract looks to the images as well.  The stylize effect was another good effect in which I used the radial wipe and venetian blind effect to create a look as if you were looking at the image thru a fence.  Some of the other effects that I used in experimenting were the mosaic, posterize and the tilt all of which added more dimension and character to this project.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment