Our Tools

"We become what we behold. We shape our tools and thereafter our tools shape us." - Marshall McLuhan

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Liz Visual Effects


Untitled from Liz Phillips on Vimeo.

Filters -

I really enjoyed playing with the filters to see what kind of output I would get.  I started simple with only a couple of layers on the first couple of clips, and then started really trying to get detailed to see which effects would create interesting outputs.  I tried to apply a filter from each of the categories and play around a lot with the thresholds and the details within the filters.

I applied many layers of mirrors and flipping the images both horizontally and vertically and then layering more noise and other effects on top of those.  I found interesting and creative results in both the simple effects as well as the more complex layering.  The project was definitely more time consuming than I expected due to the amount of layers on each clip, so that was a lesson learned.  I was surprised just how much you could change an image by applying filters, to where it didn't even look like the original. 

No comments:

Post a Comment